Trials In Canada

outlaw dave

The front page of this website shows a a pic of a CMA logo with the words - a Shake up in Canadian Trials. - To put the record straight, nothing has changed, except one person has decided to leave the well organized and well funded by the MMIC - WTC - Trials in Canada is alive and well under the umbrella of the WEC/WTC.

I wish the Steve and the CMA Trials Action Committee all the best with their efforts. Trials in Canada and world wide is in a decline and struggling. I hope they come up with good solid tangible initiatives. Leave politics and past grudges aside. I urge all trial enthusiasts to get involved and support the Trial Action Committee. I have no affiliation with any group, my support is to everyone.

More important, get out and ride and have fun, remember everyone living near me, there a fun ride at my place on Saturday, 1 pm to 4 pm. :) That's what it's all about.

cheers

• Like 1

There IS a big shakeup in trials in Canada in motion. More announcements ARE on the way, so as the CMA is the only official sanctioning body recognized by the FIM, that is news. I have received more well wishes after this appointment than I ever expected, and it has shown me that there is still a motivation by the riders to be united.

In the next week, the members of the committee will be announced and it will be clear that all involved are the most experienced and motivated people for the job.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Nice to see trials alive in Canada. Sorry to butt in on this conversation but I just did some web surfing and it came up with this site and that Steve is in Shawnigan Lake. I am in Courtenay, Vancouver Island and wanting to explore trials. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to connect with others. I have about 28 years riding, from England, currently have Husky Te449 but wanting to get into trials.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy

Hi Andy:

my email is teamfracy@shaw.ca Drop me a line! We have tons or riding here on the island. Two trials areas, one here in Shawnigan and the other in Metchosin. You can also google the Victoria Motorcycle club for more info! we are hosting the National Championship trials this Sept. Also, I ride enduro too. Some of the most amazing riding right behind my house! Email me ASAP. There is a fun enduro/ cross country event that is dead easy this Sunday in Cowichan Lake. approx 35km loop. Be glad to hear from you!

Steve