Curse These 14 Years Olds :-)

sherconoob

been getting some tips from a local 14 year old who's coming along well. at over three times his age i think i've started trials riding a bit late to do some of this stuff but keen to give it a shot. claire on the gas gas 125 is having fun too, she just throws herself into it although like me she's finding it hard to stop tackling everything dirt bike style and use some finesse.

Edited by sherconoob

Just keep having fun, don't worry about being Toni Bou.

I have learned over the years that good technique can be tought by a rider of any age if they know what they are doing. So yes, I do listen to younger riders as well as those my age and above.

But there is something the average 14 year old can teach you that the average 40 year old cannot..........NO FEAR! Rotten kids have no fear, they just GO FOR IT! :madnoel:

definitely having fun, and good advice on not trying to be toni bou... i'm still only just getting the hang of balancing at a standstill for ten or more seconds but am trying to bounce the bike along the rear wheel (without much success of course).

it's all just a steep learning curve and it feels weird being a beginner again compared to very experienced in the dirt riding scene. speaking of the young guy, i'm editing a video of his riding which i'll post shortly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All you need to do is ride the bike and enjoy yourself. I am in a similar boat to you mate. Rode trials as a kid and have ridden road bikes and dirt bikes for the last 15 years. Stepped back on the Scorpa the other day and really felt like a noob. Keep doing it and all will work out well. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

thanks for the encouragement guys. definitely plenty of chances to cheer then, i'm dropping the sherco plenty when i set tougher sections for myself, hehe!

six months in now and seem to be progressing okay. i came third in clubman at a recent comp, and the guys say the practice sections i'm setting for myself are getting close to C grade.

you can almost hear my a*** puckering in this vid... i know the drop offs and ledges look very flat in the vid but was definitely a bit hairy and ocvered in bruises at the moment from quite a few falls off them.