Sherco 125

malcolm

Hi, I bought a Sherco 125 07 [i don't think there is any/much difference] The first thing I noticed was the lightness and nimbleness of the bike, after my Beta '97 Techno. I had just got back into trials after 20 odd years lay off and it suited me fine, I was coming on 70 years young when I got it and as it had been ridden by a pretty accomplished Junior it went like crazy. It has a flat slide carby and a 200 kit

[ makes it about 160 cc]. I went right through the bike and serviced every thing including rings, top bearing etc. I also re-jetted the carby and played with the ignition timing now I have a bike I love. Just service and change oil often and a new plug whenever. Oh, I did put wide foot pegs and a TRP shock on, which has made things even better.

Cheers taff

Edited by taffe

hows it going malcom, im just down the road in oban ....What age / height and weight are you? i know a few adults riding 125's that dont seem to have any problems as you can fit some trick bits to the bike ( compression head ect) set the rear shock / forks for your weight... All in all iv had a few bikes all being gassers untill i bought my sherco 4 months ago and i wouldnt go back to any other make of bike...... i

My son loves his '08! He's about 130 lbs (I don't know how many stone that is as the stones here in the US vary widely ;)

He glories in the fact that he has fattie bars and wavy rotors and my '06 doesn't.

I like to ride the bike in first gear to get up hills and just about everything. It loves to rev!

Being that he's light, it grunts him up stuff in about the same way my 2.9 grunts me up stuff.

Oddly enough, it uses considerably more fuel than my 2.9 and we've run it out a few times back in the woods.

I guess because it revs more.

And it DOES seem much lighter...I have no idea why.

When I finally let him try my 2.9, he thought it felt like a truck.

Maybe something to do with the softer suspension.

I wish 200 kits were more affordable!

i occasionally ride with a junior who has one, i think it's a 2009 model but all the basics would be the same. extremely reliable and he loves it... issues? occasionally the radiator can get dislodged during big jumps, you can cable tie it in or he says buy the radiator guard for the 2012 model which holds it better. after a few years there's a little $3 spring behind the clutch that can wear out and makes it difficult to change up gears until replaced. very cheap fix but 15 mins to an hour's work depending on how mechanical you are.

he says it was great to learn on and still goes great now that he's an experienced rider... you can see the bike is no slouch in