Chain Rubbing Rear Brake Pedal

southwester

Nope, brain farts usually happen in the evening after a few beers :)

I was being brave posting the comment I did glad to see you have a good sense of humor :)

I'm giving the 10 t sproket a go to see if it will help me crawl along slower!

I'm in possession of the push rod bearing and master cylinder refurb kit @ £27.30 + vat @ 20% for those of you looking who don't live in rip off Britian and you don't even get a new booty!

Cheers

Went out on the bike on Saturday and all went well I need to get a smaller pilot for the carb and probably make some more adjustments after that but that was always going to be.

So I fitted the new Apico brake pedal with new bearing and bush and that rubs the chain when you apply the brake it looks like it bends inward as pressure is applied which is off putting I think I will find a engineers vice and have a go at bending the original beta pedal as described by dadof2 in a earlier post.

Went out on the bike on Saturday and all went well I need to get a smaller pilot for the carb and probably make some more adjustments after that but that was always going to be.

So I fitted the new Apico brake pedal with new bearing and bush and that rubs the chain when you apply the brake it looks like it bends inward as pressure is applied which is off putting I think I will find a engineers vice and have a go at bending the original beta pedal as described by dadof2 in a earlier post.

I ended up putting the original pedal back on after bending it within a couple of mm of the frame bent well out of shape really and taking a file to it like you said Mok the link needs to be round the other way anyway it doesn't rub any more.

I think the underlying problem is the frames worn where the pedal pivots adjacent to it and as it's depressed it points inward towards the chain.