Hello

utahpete

I'm glad to be a supporting member of this great community of trials enthusiasts. I'm just getting back into trials riding after 28 years of some serious mountain horseback riding. I grew up on motorcycles. The last dirt bike I had was a gorgeous 1976 Bultaco Alpina 350. I brought it with me when I moved from the midwestern US to Wyoming and then to Utah. After a year or two here in Utah, I sold by Bultaco (just one of the more stupid things I have done), and bought my first horse. After more than 28 years of exploring our backyard (250,000 acres of public forest — including 44,000 acres of wilderness) on said horses, my back couldn't take it anymore. This last June, I found a pristine 1985 TY350 just 6 miles north.

The fellow I bought it from was in his mid, to late-70s and had a total of 12 trials bikes! He's been selling two per year since a couple of years back. He was the first and only owner of the bike, and it was beautiful.

Two weeks later, I sold my only remaining horse and have had no regrets. The TY isn't quite as classic as the Alpina. But it is a growler on our huge climbs here (three to four thousand vertical feet).

The TY was right off the showroom (with a few dings and scratches) when I got it. But the 1980's graphics were a little much for me. So I made it a bit more tasteful (i.e. Spanish). See pictures attached. Can't wait to be part of your community of trials enthusiasts. I may be a bit long in the tooth for too much learning, but so far, I'm having a lot of fun just bringing back the muscle memory hidden deep.

By the way, my wife and I own and operate a cheese farm and have enjoyed visits over the last several years from UK dairy farmers via Bay Farm Tours.

• Like 1