4T Throttle Cable To Carb Attachment? Help

bigbird2

I'm getting my 2009 Evo 300 4t back together after carb cleaning, etc. and can't figure out how to attach the throttle cable to the carb - DUH!

I can't see how the sandwich of disks described below is fixed to the carb shaft in the proper position to wrap the cable. Maybe it is just a friction fit with the nut holding it in the proper place???

=============================================================

The throttle shaft comes out of the right side of the carb where it passes through a spring loaded metal "disk" that has some notches, cutouts and holes in it. The outer right end of the shaft is threaded.

The next piece that goes on is a sort of snail shaped thin metal disk with a hole in the middle for the throttle shaft and a hole near the perimeter for the sort of T barrel on the end of the cable to go into. It is bare aluminum on the carb side and painted white on the outside.

The next piece is an ~ 1/8" thick piece of plastic snail shaped with a hole in the middle for the throttle shaft.

The last big piece is another snail shaped thin metal disk with a hole in the middle for the throttle shaft and a hole near the perimeter for the sort of T barrel on the end of the cable to go into. It is painted white on the carb side and aluminum on the outside.

The last piece is the nut that holds the 3 disks onto the throttle shaft.

The 2 aluminum disks are the outer guides for the cable and the smaller plastic disk is sandwiched between them to for the cable to wrap up on.

The inner disk was slightly bent near the edge to sort of hang up a notch in the first spring loaded disk BUT this is a very tenuous "hang up" and appears to put the cable fitting hole around 12:00 when it needs to be somewhere in the 4:00 orientation.