Little Jimmys

laird387

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Harry Stanistreet shows the way to tackle rocky steps with a limited ground clearance rigid James in the 1993 Shawforth Shake - the oldest Pre-65 trial, first run in 1972.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-56968300-1395647082_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

This is Blackie Holden spotted in 1993 with his very tidy looking James.

It didn't always look that way - when acquired it was very much a rusty heap of bits but a lot of careful restoration later and you see the result here.

It was restored to ride - not for show - that's why the 'correct' Villiers 197cc motor has been replaced by the 250cc 32a unit and also the forks replaced.

Enjoy.

Hi,

This is Blackie Holden spotted in 1993 with his very tidy looking James.

It didn't always look that way - when acquired it was very much a rusty heap of bits but a lot of careful restoration later and you see the result here.

It was restored to ride - not for show - that's why the 'correct' Villiers 197cc motor has been replaced by the 250cc 32a unit and also the forks replaced.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-13991400-1395675597_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another of my 'lost' negatives - I know this is Harry Stanistreet on his rigid James Commando - but not where or when?

Current news reports tell me that Harry now has an Ariel Arrow engined device - I would like to see details of that.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-57173200-1395904700_thumb.jpg