Bean Oil

mmmexico

I haven't operated a two stroke for about twenty years. Prior to that I used bean oil almost exclusively...on a TM 250, a RH 67..Bultaco Lobito...Montesa Impala...and lastly a Kawasaki Trials Bike...a KT 250...now I'm back in the two stroke business with a Bultaco Campera. Should I still use bean oil...at 20-1, could I use a leaner mixture 32-1 or should I stick to synthetic at 30-1 or 50-1???

Thanks in advance

Mike

inmotion recommend 50-1 or 40-1 i run all my bikes at 40-1 all moden oils are good take your pick castrole power 1 is good ipone strawbery is good putoline MX5 is good. like above its a big issue with some guys dont no what the flaping is about just bang it in and ride the bloody thing.

Edited by bondy

The Campera is more a Enduro bike, sounds to be an older model, a 1967 175cc which was very popular when it came out.

I personal would use good ( not the best), 2- stroke oil, a synthetic - mineral mix is just fine. A mixture of 1:50 or 2% should be OK if engine isn't behind wear, keeps the engine cleaner and exhaust too. I' am using to my Moped, made in 1964 with an Puch 50cc motor 2% instead of 4%, the bikes run great and is used in on off throttle modus.

lf you are just puttering around using very little throttel you might go to even leaner mixture and also to a little bit hotter plug. Sadly the plugs nowadays don't cover the same heat range as back in the days.

The same with petrol, stuff used before much better then now, but two stroke oil has changed to the better.

Have to agree with 0007 - this subject has been gone over time and again without consensus

Machinery Lubrication - an online magazine is a good read

Perhaps Andy should have an "oil" section and put all the posts in there