Levis In Trials

laird387

HI,

When did you last see soeone enjoying themselves this much?

Pete Robson, a very regular competitor in the British Bike championship takes his girder-forked Levis up the famous old section 'Hawks Nest' in 1999 in the Reliance trial round of the series,

Enjoy

post-19290-0-95944300-1390071150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have sad news with regard Pete. He had a fairly big stoke a few years ago and is still suffering from its effects. He was still riding his Levis up until 2012 but he was suffering with badly arthritic knees in the last year he rode. The last time I spoke with him was last summer and he was walking around with a walking stick and his hand was not so badly claw like . But he is fairly poorly.

This shot was taken in 2012 at stainby and it is the "new" 350 he had just built as his 600 was getting to be a bit of hand full for him. This bike was bought by another rider and is still being used in our trial championships

DSC04248.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Gautrek,

Sad news indeed about Pete Robson - next time you see him please give him my very best personal wishes - we had excellent times together when we were rushing around the country a bit like headless chickens getting the 'British Bike' championship under way.

Thanks

Deryk

Hi Gautrek,

I hope Pete Robson is able to see this forum, so I'll keep posting images as I sort through the archive.

Here is one taken at the Sam Cooper Union Jack trial, one of the first trials to agree to the format of the 'British Bike' championship series - under the able guidance of the late Dennis Bridges.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-85227400-1390127242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

And another taken at the 'Downland' in 1998.

Sorry about the overwhelming colour rendition - but I'm still playing with the conversion from colour negative film stock, scanned for use on CMYK six colour printers used when the copies of the 'Classic Chronicle' newspaper that I produced for a short while.

Enjoy. anyway!

post-19290-0-32950000-1390127718_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I will copy them and drop them round his place. He has a PC but I don't know if he uses it. But his other half does. I'll sort his phone number out for you if you are interested as he has moved since the last time I saw him.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

When we recreated the Arbuthnot trial we were surprised, and pleased, to find that Pete Robson was not the only rider with a Levis in captivity - indeed they could have entered a 'Levis' team 'cos with Pete there were three in the entry.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-80750800-1395908047_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...