Reg May Prepared Bultaco Sherpa

trialsrfun

Anyone on TC know just what tuning or improvements Reg May used to make when he was preparing a Sherpa ? I do not mean the Vesty 340 special mods but the ordinary production bikes that he set up for both Comerford & private riders, how extensive was the work he did.

Edited by trialsrfun
  • Like 1

I have an article entitled "Fettling your Bultaco" that I copied from a Motor Cycle newspaper of many years back. It details Reg May's general maintenance points but doesn't really address any structural mods which would effect the actual handling of the bike. Also a tip from Bultaco Austalia on modifying wiring if you are not going to electronic ignition, i.e. taking windings for lighting out and going next step further and rewinding. If of interest I could give a try scanning it to you-newspaper photos of the mods might come out a bit blurry but your welcome to them. Classic Dirtbike #25 pg11 is an article about Bulty's that could give a bit of info-Steve Saunders pg13.

Cheers

Edited by larrynz
  • Like 1