Tlr 250 Suspension

ludde

i just bought at tlr 250 and the bike is really good BUT the suspension is very strange.

the damping is ok but the rebound horribly slow, it has about half the speed up as it did down <_<

does anyone have a solution or do i have to empty my pockets and buy something new?

nope...they are not rebuildable (it's the original ones)

Sounds to me like the shocks are bent.

Having fallen off a TLR250 more times than I care to remember and finding the bike lying at odd angles across rocks thisis one topic where I am pretty sure I know the reason and possibly the solution.

The TLR has extremely long shock laid down at an odd angle compared to most other bikes - this i feel makes the shocks vunerable to bending.

Take one of the shocks off the bike and see if there is any difference - then take off a spring and try the damping of each shock in turn - you will probably notice when the spring is off that a rod is bent. I have had this a couple of times in the past - it dont take that much of a bend for it to be noticable.

Really your only source of replacements is Falcon shocks, I dont know if anyone else makes long enough repalcements - I know I will be corrected if wrong!

falcons can be rebuilt when you bend them - as I have found in the past!

Edited by g4321

There is an alternative source of shocks

WHO?

It would save a bit of searching for others if you could let them know, why keep others in the dark?

TS is supposed to be a medium for disseminating information!

Will do..................sounds a very good idea. Be great if I could get a few pairs rebuilt for less then the price of new.

Let us know when you have an update - both price and whether it is possible!

I have a set of original Honda shocks which I could re-fit rather than getting my Falcons rebuilt again.

Apparently getting original shocks rebuilt costs more than new, as all the parts for them need to be custom made.

Thanks for the info, I will keep the originals as a spare then.

Robin at Falcon always strikes me as a perfectionist as well as a businesman, he will replace any part which is at any way worn on a shock and anything you receive from him after being sent for repair is as good as new.

• Like 1