Ty Mono Fork Thread Repair

westymono

Hi all,recently picked up some ty mono spares and on inspection found a few threads stripped ( yokes spindle thread and front fork wheel spindle thread.

The yoke can be recut and new nut used so not a big problem but i was wondering if anyone has had the same faulty fork leg issue and done a fix to it and if so,how ? helicoiling came to mind but i also thought about a longer spindle with the addition of a nut on the outer fork leg but dont know of one that may fit,also does anyone know the standard main jet size for an 85 ty250 mono,thanks in advance for any advice,Steve.

I'd take the leg to a trusted engineering shop and ask them to put thread inserts in,They are an effective and permanent repair - but must go in square to the original hole,which is not always easy to do.I used to use Cross inserts till they stopped making them,now use Recoil ones,just as good.

Cant help with carb data at the moment,I have a genuine Yam shop manual for TY mono's - just cant find it....

Many thanks for the info.Had a good tip from local bike shop,the ty mono wheel spindle has a drilling in the threaded end visable,simply tap this out and screw in a bolt with a large washer once spindle is fitted to bike,easy and cheap