Hello From Ontario Canada

bruced_500

Hi all I'm new to trials and not planning to compete just learning how to have fun doing it. I've ridden trails and flat-track for years so this is just another excuse for buying another type of bike.

I purchased a TY350 to get me started. She needs a bit of work but seems to run fine.

post-19805-0-48031600-1397033685_thumb.jpg

I am right across the Ambasador from you 15 minutes. We have some riders in the windsor area and even hold events off of disputed south east. If you ever want to go for a quick run we have some great properly up in macomb. And Canada280i is right... you should just come out to ride in a competition not to win but to learn and have a great day in the woods.

--Biff

Thanks Biff, I did ride one event at the North side road bush off disputed back in probably about 1999, That was on a borrowed SWM (Saitan Worshiper Machine) . I got banged up the week before practicing for the event but the event it's self was allot of fun. I looked on the Mota schedule and I didn't see that event? is it still held there? I've gone out and watched that event a number of times over the years with friends. If it's still going that would be an easy one for me to find time for. I'm only about 5 miles from there. I've bought a new house that has some property and all my other bikes are to loud and offensive so I thought a trials bike might be perfect. This one became available so I grabbed it. Probably not the best starter bike but it fits with the other Orphan bikes in my collection.

If they have the Wardsville trial again (just west of London) that is an excellent trial, that is where I met Biff and the rest of the US contingent last year, it was a stellar sunny day on an excellent piece of property, well worth the trip!

Unfortunately the Windsor Motorcycle Club will not be hosting an event this season. We all hope that the club is able to return next year. I have always had a good time at the past events. Friendly people, challenging sections, just a good day out.

On edit: (so if you wish to see me ride around showing off my pasty, hairy, flabby legs with my fashionable and protective riding shorts, you will need to travel to Michigan or Indiana. I know that is one heck of a motivator isn't it?)

Edited by zippy

I believe they are low on members, also attendance to the events have been dropping off. Which is something I don't understand. The events are always fun, they do a good job with the property they have available. The new Wardsville property was AWESOME, the property owner is a great guy, would hang around the campfire with us, had a power washer set up for us to use....

and another thing to consider. The Windsor group crosses the border multiple times to attend the other MOTA events. It is only polite if the rest of MOTA crosses the border 2 times/ (once for 2 day event) per year and support the Windsor club.

OK Rant over..............

How many Michigan MOTA riders attend the Annual Stag put on in January by the Windsor motorcycle club ? This year it was 84 consecutive years. It was a bit better this year than it has been the last few years but still not quite what it's been in the past.