Rebound Adjustment Screw Problems 11 Txt 250

gasserkid

Hi all I'm new to forum and think it is awesome

My 2011 gas gas txt 250 has two broken rebound adjustment screws on the top cap of the marzocchi forks I bought the bike like this and just want to set the bike up correctly for my riding style as the ford are a lot harder than previous bikes

Could anyone shed any light on this problem

It seems like it's a fault as I have never came accross one never mind both

Cheers guys

I'm afraid that I can't be of much help to you, other than the "Misery loves company" aspect of it...... I'm riding with a broken one myself on my 2010 280 Pro, and a friend of mine in our Trials club tells me that it's a very common problem. When I checked into simply buying an adjuster, I was told that I needed to purchase the entire cartridge to get one! :crying: I can't recall the price on that, but it was spendy! :shutup:

FWIW, mine had enough of the adjuster left that I managed to take a very narrow file, and file a slot in the brass the a small bladed screwdriver can get into (after I'd "broken" the thing loose). Did this while doing an oil change of the forks. And honestly, I have to go to the very "extreme" ends of the adjustment to feel any difference, most of the time.

I wish I had a lathe at home. I run a CNC Lathe for a living, but the company I work for doesn't allow us to do any "home projects" like this. It would seem to be a fairly simple part for someone to make. If I recall correctly, the adjuster is swaged onto a small diameter aluminum rod that it moves up & down to restrict the oil flow inside the damping rod??

Jimmie