Caliper Repair Kit

spike2450

hi all

I took calipers apart to clean and then bleed, front all done ok, but the rear has been a bitch to bleed and i've just noticed that there's air/oil leeking from around one of the pistons, are there any good tips for replacing seals / bleeding the rear?

Do i have to replace the seal? any tricks around it as i am pushed for time as i have my first trial in two days.

And do you get new pistons in a repair kit?

Thanks in advance.

Dont THINK you normally get new pistons in a repair "kit" but I THINK they're not too expensive.

Sorry no tips for changing the seals, but for bleeding..I always do the reverse bleeding....its done in seconds and is perfect every time.

Attach a big syringe...(maybe with a small piece of hose) to fit TIGHT over the nipple at the caliper, and push the brake fluid in from there.

THen any air in the system, naturally wants to go up anyway...when the reservoir is at the level you want, simply tighten the nipple, remove the syringe, and put lid back on reservoir...easy! :blink:

spike ....I leave the rear brake as it is.

ALSO..if you look on ebay now...just type in Beta or gas gas or something, someone is selling a piston repair kit...but it now price is about 12.00 pounds...and yep..as jjwhite says,,,it INCLUDES the pistons!!!!

Not bad for 12 quid eh? :wall: