Who's The Best Youth In U.s.?

trialsman

I see that the West Youth Nationals are in the books for 2005. Congratulations to all those who rode and thanks to all those involved in putting them on.

I have a question though. I am unfamiliar with the young man who won the Open Class out West. How old is he? May I assume he doesn't ride the Nationals, since I haven't heard the name?

Also, is there someone reading this post who is familiar with both he and the East Open Champion, Will Ibsen. How do they compare skill wise? Just curious.

At the moment judging from these results, I would have to say Pat Smage probably is king of the hill, but that is a one weekend snapshot and may not be a true representation.....

Time will tell.

I guess in some ways, it boils down to how you determine who is "best" but I would say those two (Smage and Ibsen) would have to be at the peak and are competing in the Expert National class together.

http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/showartic...?articleID=1487

• 3 weeks later...

Oh true. Well this year was my last year of the youth nationals. I'm actually glad they're over. Now when we go for my sister to compete, I can just lay back and have fun. :lol:

As for some upcoming riders, Dean looked good when he was riding down there. IT also cracked me up seeing him on the huge unicycle. Wish I could get up on that... :D