Cota 247 Rebuild

alchemy84

Hello everyone, new to the site, just introduced myself in the intro section and now thought I would share with you all my project. I picked up a rough but almost all there Cota 247 late last year. It was half buried in the mud and everything, except a few oil coated spots, was covered in corrosion, however I saw an opportunity to make a nice rideable bike. I became hooked on trials riding after riding a friends Honda tl125 in competition and needed one of my own. The only things that appear missing on the bike are front brake internals and the toolbox lid. I picked up things like rubbers and gaskets from inMotion a few months back and have been cleaning and painting everything piece by piece. According to the Rocky Mountain Montesa's "evolution of the cota" page I found my bike was made between Dec1971 and Feb1972. So I will start off with showing you all a picture and then maybe I can move onto a few question if have since this has been pretty long winded already.

Hi Jim

My first Montesa was a 69 mk2, then i had a 73 model with the smaller brake drums. :rolleyes: Now i have a 75 mk4b :D

If your still looking for a front brake plate they always come up on ebay, even new old stock and brake shoes.

any questions ask away.

Enjoy your Montesa

Cheers

Dave