New Northeast Rider

scottysherco

Hello everyone im new to trials rideing .i have had road bikes all my life and i thought its time to get shot of the road bike becase i must have more lives than a cat :D .i have been thinking about getting a trials bike for a few years now but the wife put to a stop to that.i got a sherco 250 about 2 weeks ago and im loveing it just wish i done it years ago.i live in sunderland i have been up to warden law [northeast karting]its ok but i will soon get board going up there all the time is there more places to go in the northeast.

Welcome to the forum.

I live near Warden Law and I'm also quite new to trials. I've found plenty to ride at WL, although there isn't much variation in terrain.

There's a place near Edmundsley in a dene so very different to WL. It would be advisable not go alone as it's not an easy area for the owners to check. I'm hoping to go there Sat afternoon, but it will be a last minute decision - if I'm short on time I'll go to WL to avoid wasting time traveling.

PM me if you want to join me.

Totty hello man ! Did you get a new bike then ? There's a few lads over our way that get out on the trials bikes. This Sunday there's a trials practice day over near Stanhope at a place call Dursand Quarry. There's a few of us going over and there will be others out for sure.

Also there's an evening trial at 6pm at Pea Farm near Stanley next Wed which is based on having fun and nothing too . Why don't you and ScottySherco pop along a have a look. It's a great couple of hours out and you'll see riders and bikes of all ages having a ride round.

Pea Farm is also open for trials practice on a weekend.

Give me a shout or pop over if you like !

Definitely worth looking at pea farm as an Introduction to trials - good easy sections and a great night out !

Me and my son (12) ride most weekends in the north east and a lot of people on the Wednesday night ride twinshocks and classics so sections are reasonable (my son will be the one on the little 30 year old whitehawk 80 cleaning most sections !)

Other than the Wednesday night, don't be frightened of any north east trial in the easy route- everyone is friendly and if you don't fancy a section just ask for a 5 - and in most cases it's as cheap as practicing

Cheers

John

Hi, yes I bought a 2012 Beta Evo 250 last Sat, haven't ridden it yet. I was set on getting something lighter after last time out at Edmundsley/Dean Acres. Don't think I can make Sunday.

I've spectated once at Pea Farm and liked the look of the sections, but it's difficult for me to get there on time.