Evil Plot To Convert The World To Trials Riding

sherconoob

• 1 month later...

Can anyone direct me to a good thread about; The good, the bad and the ugly of various brands. What years are a good find for a budget shopper and so on. Is a 1996 Yamaha a great starter while a 1996 Beta has cooling issues? Is it better to go north of 2000?

I see a bit of negative comments on Gas Gas, is that just friendly ribbing of a mates bike?

Are their any arguably great starter finds? I would favor a two stroke bike.

Thanks, Pat

The closest, and basically only bike within 250 kilometers is a very clean 1994' Montesa 314R but the guy wants $5500 for it, Hmm, they still let me wander the streets on my own so I'm not that insane. I would be interested at $2500.

There is a 2000 Montesa 315R in the USA for $2500 but it looks real shabby. If it was close I'd take a look but it's 1200 kilometers round trip.

If I want to travel a couple days like I did for our TY175 I can get a 2012 OSSA for $6000, 2007 Sherco 2.9 for $4500 and an assortment of Gas Gas and Beta's from $2800 to $4500.

Dependable and easy to ride would definitely be the highest priority on my check list though. If one comes up in a proper price range it may be the choice.

Riding season is just coming to a close around here so there is no rush. Since there is no visible trials community around here to speak of there is no opportunity to check a few out and try some on for fit and feel it i appreciate the direction of experience from this site.

I might add, I am 6 ft, 210 pounds too if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply,

Pat