Trials Techniques Applied To Dirt Bikes & Enduro Bikes

• 2 weeks later...

not a training vid as such, but a cross training ride where we are all applying the techniques from trials... no criticism intended toward our enduro guys, but you can pick the guys who don't have trials bikes yet - lots of wheel spin and too much throttle!

hehe, its all fun until someone gets hurt glenn! i swore off the fast riding after all the accidents and injuries our mob had last year and then got into this cross training, but melissa is riding with us now and likes to go for a fast blast each ride so the pace has been up again lately... sigh.

anyway, another vid. this was a great day for applying the trials skills on the dirt bikes again, trying to find traction on some slippery hills.

• 2 weeks later...

lucky to not only watch graham jarvis ride yesterday but get a quick interview as well. for those who don't know, he used to ride trials at a world level then swung across to extreme enduro. simply amazing bike skills and throws his dirt bike around like a trials bike!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well we are back from the wildwood rock extreme enduro in one piece, more or less.

below is my lap of the prolog which determined my starting position for the main event. I could kiss my trials bike... all the training over the past year was invaluable for this, plus adapting the skills to my dirt bike!

i actually went a bit slower than planned but that was fine as i didn't want to be starting with the very fast guys as i knew i'd need to pace myself very carefully being in my 50s while most of the riders were far younger and fitter.

wound up starting 40th out of 73 riders for the main event....

Well done Barry! Very skilled on that enduro of yours... I'd be rapt being able to do that at any age let alone our 50's! As I've found out.... much longer healing time in 50's!

Some of those harder areas... alas, are only stuff of my dreams! I like my testicles intact with my body thanks!! Hehehehe

Mags