Showing Off

sammyd173

I have the fortune to ride in an absolutely epic OHV area near San Diego called McCain Valley. Huge slab Rick mountains with endless possibilities.

I picked up trials earlier this year after many years of Moto. I was really feeling the flow on my trusty Beta Techno. There a parking area right next to a giant slab/ hill. You could roll up with a '15 CRF450 and it won't get nearly the attention that even a 18 yr old trials bike brings! People always come over to talk about it.

Well a buddy of mine always advises against 'parking lot heroics' because you'll have a big audience to watch you fail. I think it's good practice for being 'observed'. Well I put on an impressive show today for my audience, hitting some technical climbs and some death defying downhills. Or so I thought. As I was packing up and feeling proud of myself, along come a couple of dudes on dual sports who proceed to ride everything I did, including some drop offs I hadn't considered! Gaaaa! I guess that, just like moto, someone else is always going to show up that's better than you. At least I didn't eat sh!t...

Mate! You got away easy!

Not a soul for miles on Friday when I fell off up a big hill and lay there for some time, in pain!

Kangaroo and his Koala mate saunter over from behind trees and say "Showing off huh!" Kookaburra above them was laughing his feathers off!

(rowdyFaunaWink)

Mags

Edited by mags