Concerns

cabby

Today I spoke to the nearest dealer who could supply me a jotagas, although he's not an actual jotagas dealer, and he wasn't entirely comfortable about getting me one. For two reasons in the main, firstly, he isn't an official dealer and the distance involved between us (150 miles away)

Now, I totally understand his position on things, and he doesn't have full knowledge of how reliable these bikes are. So this leaves me a bit concerned about how reliable they may be, and if they have faults etc, I'm stuck with it, as the next nearest dealer is 190 miles away.

So, I'm basically asking for some honest replies to reassure me that these bikes are good, reliable and the company itself is stable.

ffs, ask a couple of simple questions, and all you get is folk spamming the topic, so just in case, a couple of things.

1) Dundee is the location

2) I wouldn't ride a twinshock, never mind buy one

If anyone can answer the questions raised, or have any relevant replies I'd appreciate it, if not, move along, nothing to see here.

"I'm basically asking for some honest replies to reassure me that these bikes are good, reliable and the company itself is stable."

By knowing your location we can refer you to actual owners and perhaps get a test ride on one. All trials bikes have some issues, some more prevalent in certain areas. Dry areas don't see much magneto issues, hot areas see lots of fan issues etc.

Some areas have brick and mortar trials shops some support is out the back of a van or trailer.

You are asking for our help we are asking for some basics to give the best support possible.

Edited by billyt
  • Like 2

By knowing your location we can refer you to actual owners and perhaps get a test ride on one.

Well now you know. fwiw, I was told there is less than ten owners in Scotland, and that was back when they first came out, I've only ever seen or heard of one being owned up here now.

its a numbers game.. and trials bikes are like newspapers.

the sun sells 2.2m copies daily and everybody knows what to expect from it, the telegraph is a proepr read but only sells half a million a day and the independent has some nice pictures and sell only 66k a day. so folks like thier news simple in a tabloid format with something to see on page 3. folks like what they know. the independant on the other hand nice pictures but folks are a little more unsure of what there going to get so they sell less than man utd sell programmes at thier games..

trials riders like the conventional, they like what they know, they ride what thier mates ride. a very few folks ride sommat different.. just to be different like your independant reader..

do you read the sun or the independant should be the question..

• Like 1

It's a reasonable set of questions. I'm interested in the JGas myself and have spoken to Steve Saunders. He strikes me as an honest guy and one I wouldn't hesitate to do business with but have a 2014 bike. I am very interested in having a very close look at the ssdt next year with a view to buying a 2015 model. I know someone who spoke to a very good rider that has been on one and he thought it was ace to ride apparently.

Of course the worry is no matter how trustworthy Steve is if the company fails it would be difficult to sell on etc.

• Like 1

My interest is well documented on the forum. The Bike is pretty well supported in my Area and we have made a few tweaks of our own. That was after having problems that dwarfed anything on the Jgas on the previous Make Chris rode. I would say if you like the bike after riding it then get a new or second hand one according to your budget. Whichever you will lose money on it that's just the game we are in! Any problems talk to the people on the Jotagas forum. We all have a lot of experience on the bikes and Steve's parts backup has been as good as any others we have had. Chris has won or come in Second on the Hard Course at local Stop Club Trials Since we adjusted it to his taste. That's how good they are. Yes you may have to fettle it to get the suspension sorted or it might be to your taste out of the box. Chris is a hard lad to please and he is pleased. If you need any advice just PM and I will do my best to reply.

Edited by telecat