Rtl Pads Wanted

348mate

Desperately seeking a set of front brake pads for  RTL250S.  Have tried all obvious sources!!  any help gratefully recieved.

thanks.

S.M.

Take the old pad in to your local bike shop and if they have an EBC book they will be able to compare the pad to the drawings/dimensions in it to get a match. I have an EBC book in front of me so if you can load an image (with dimensions) of the pad I might be able to match it to a standard pad. the book only lists the drum braked RTL.

Alternatively 'Big?' John aka Mr RTL will probably know off the top of his head.

• 1 month later...

May be this information is a bit late but this is the first time I've really browsed this forum.

I made enquires in 2002 and found the only people with brake pads suitable for the RTL in their catalogue were SBS (Scandinavian Brakes Systems).

The front pads measured 41.8 wide 50 high and 6.5 thick. Part number SBS664; to fit TLM-220 1989 and TLM-260 1990 fitted with High Friction Lining.

The rear pads measured 75.1 long 40.2 high and 8.1 thick. Part number SBS629; to fit TLM-220 1989, AX-1-250 1990. CRM-250R 1990, TLM-260 with low friction lining, XLR250R Baja 1988-1990 with sintered lining.

SBS were very helpful and said the pads were not imported into GB and would have to be a special order and may take a couple or more months to arrive and may not be cheap.

I've got a 1991 TLM and 1989 RTL and they are the same pads.

Honda part numbers for the 1989 RTL pads are

Front pad A 45101-KR8-751 pad B 45106-KR8-750

Rear pad A 43105-NNO-701 pad B 43106-NNO-701

David Bathe

Thanks for the info, . The 1988 RTL used, incredibly a slightly different caliper/pads from the 1989 model...It has taken much detective work to confirm this to be so....Meantime I have got/used a pair of tlm260 front pads which DO fit with slight mods to main pad shape, so i aint stuck!!

S.M.