Fantic 330/430 Twinshock Engine

fanticsjj

The rear mounting points are different, the mono swing arm spindel runs through the engine ( I hope you understand what I mean )

So the engine is to long or perhaps try to modify a mono swing arm in combination with the mono engine.....

The 50/80 frame is smaller then the other twinshock fantics, so no other swingarm will fit.

All small honda engines have nearly the same dimensions, easiest way will a TL 125, but also a XL185 is possible, take what you can get for little money

• Like 1

Remember a lot of the cheap Chinese bikes have exact copies of honda engines and can be picked up for pennies.

I have some experience with these cheap Chinese Honda copy engines and they are truly worth pennies.Used genuine Honda 125 engines are cheap and common both in the u.k. and north America.

• Like 1

Never heard of a XR125 if it is a XL125 it will work fine. The 1979 and later XL125 is much better than the 1978 and earlier, has stronger k/s gears, electronic ignition, bigger valves, improved cam chain tensioner and a six speed transmission. The main difference between a TL125 engine is the first three gears are very close on the TL , and compression ratio 8.1 on TL, 9.1 on XL. An XL engine will work great, transmission ratios in the XL box are not an issue when the overall gearing is lowered for trials use.

Now you guys got me thinking about the FM 330 50cc in my shop that needs a crank for the little minarelli ... I'm thinking a xr/sl 100 engine might just be the bomb for the little bike ... 'cause the chassis is so fun to toss about ...

Glenn

• Like 1

Hi Glenn I bought the frame off someone who bought a house and it was in the cellar thinking I would pick up a engine to fit and get it going but searching about realised its not a easy job ! Honda engine seems the way forward although all my bikes have been 2 strokes so know nothing about 4 strokes . I'm going to look at a engine on Sunday and I will post a picture as to size mountings etc once ive made any alterations then will get the frame powder coated ! Do u recommend any other frame mods before getting it coated ?