Clutch

mintsauce

my son has a 2001 txt280 and is having problems with the clutch. He finds it difficult to pull in using 1 finger and because of this starts to develope cramp in his forearm! Does anyone know how to cure the problem? The lever is well greased and the bolt is not tight.

many thanks :blink:

I moved lever but clutch still felt very stiff so i decided to have a look at the clutch & springs. Then springs felt very difficult to compress so i left 3 of them out & it now feels superb and its not slipping! Im beggining to think someone has changed the springs for some reason bit cant think why. Will this cause a problem long term until i can find the correct replacements?

regards

mick :blink:

one of the problems i have found on pros is a heavy clutch on early bikes this is easily diagnosed . When the clutch cover is removed the fingers will be flat (not sticking outwards) new clutch plates will solve the prob bringing the fingers out and a lovely light clutch :blink: