Practice Areas In The South

barfy

Do you know of any practice areas anywhere int the south of England from Gloucestershire to Surrey?

I'm looking for somewhere that legal as I want to pull apart the suspension and carburettor to make adjustments and see the impact. I don't really want some angry resident or event the police looking to confiscate my bike because I'm practicing illegally.

Obviously, if I need to pay for the practice or join a local club, that wouldn't be a problem.

Hello,

We've been riding at Kilkenny near Andoversford (not far from Cheltenham) for a good few years. Not sure of the legality but we've never had any trouble and its nice and secluded so you don't bother anyone. Maybe Heath (R2WTrials) can comment?

Cheers,

Tony

forgive me for saying it, since I dont even live there, but sounds to me like that venue gets talked about SO much that if it aint legal, it wont be long till there's a problem, or a bunch of MXers ripping it up!!!

I'm pretty sure that Berkhamsted club have their own practise site, which if you join the club, I imagine you can use.......good luck :blink:

Kilkenny isn't really big enough for motocrossers. From memory the ownership of the land is uncertain but its been used by trials riders for years with no problems that I'm aware of. I've been up there dozens of times as has R2W and the extended R2W family of trials nutters. Its a nice trials venue with big stuff and little stuff. Plenty of scope for setting out sections. I'd think that Heath will drag you up there once you're back from HK anyway and you can see for yourself.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony,

yep..I hope he will!!!..and hopefully see you there too!...I guess what I was trying to say in my post (albeit badly)..is I guess there are some areas that are pretty "sensitive"???....although I dont really know, not being in the UK...but I would also guess that some places are best to keep a bit quiet about??? :blink:

Anyway...hope it is a legit, place, 'cause it would be good to hook up with you guys there one day! :wall: