Ty175C, Will Not Shift Past First Gear.

motosolex

Alright. I consulted with a fine mechanic/machinist at Superior Sleeve in Portland Oregon. His advice was that the shifting mechanism was fine and that the trouble was with the modified bushing on the Shifter Cover.

Turns out that the machined bushing from TYTrials was binding and jamming my shifter's shaft preventing me from shifting. It was recommended that I first remove the 2 Locating Pins to allow the bushing to float into a position that would not bind. I did so and the shifting was fine till I tightened the 4 screws on the cover. The tighter the screws: the worse it was to shift. I then mounted the old OEM cover back on and the bike now shifts into all 6 gears. Turns out all I needed was the inner parts of Shifter 2. Not the bushing.

So now, I ask you guys, what did you do to re-bush your cover to steady the gear shifter? Mine has too much play.

Thanks sirs!

You are back at the beginning. I highly doubt the new cover is a problem. You never took the bike apart. The part you left out on this thread is the bike did only shift in the first four gears. Do not knock a product publicly when it is your bike that is broke!

No man, not knocking the fine fellows nor the products from TYTrials, simply that the mod did not fully work on my bike. All,the other components in the kit actually fixed my bike. I now have all 6 gears thanks to them. In fact I am about to place another order for them soon. It's all good.

I think you are right. It's a bike I recently acquired and was in sad shape. I plan on just having it as such till I do a major on it as I did on my TY250A. The band aid approach is fine for me now.

I appreciate your advice as I am a novice at this.

Thanks