Jotagas - Still In Business?

teedubbs

To be fair to Steve Saunders if the factory had stuck to its original strategy things may of been a lot better for all.

Remember Tarres and some others who set Jotagas up left because the company was trying to run before it could walk. It was said then that this was the wrong way to go and it looks like it was.

Steve was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any salesman knows that if you say that the factory is struggling and your bike is unlikely to come any time soon then that customer will go elsewhere. If he spins them out with promises then some will wait. He has had to go personally and collect the bikes and come back with them missing components at times.

I'm sure the bike is good and with some quality components would survive.

• Like 1

Interesting to note on Lewisport USA:

31/1/15

The new 2015 JOTAGAS is coming back to the USA after over a years break.

During my recent visit to Spain our agreement with this unique Spanish trials brand was renewed and bikes are expected to arrive here in mid/late April.

We have standard models and the "Racing" model ordered.....there have been a lot of changes have happened at the JOTAGAS facility, now being hand built in the heart of the trials world ,Girona Spain.

Some of the 2015 improvements:

New selector shaft design for smoother gear operation,
New positioned duel map switch,
New ELKA fully adjustable / rebuildable rear shock, (optional OHLINS available)
New crank shaft specifications,
New simplified electrical system,
New fork specifications for smoother more progressive response,
New clean white graphics,
New engine compression specs for smoother power delivery and improved performance,
New rear brake pedal design,
New clutch specification
New chain tensioner for more room,

We should have pricing available soon and are already taking pre orders, please call for more information.

To be fair to Steve Saunders if the factory had stuck to its original strategy things may of been a lot better for all.

Remember Tarres and some others who set Jotagas up left because the company was trying to run before it could walk. It was said then that this was the wrong way to go and it looks like it was.

Steve was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any salesman knows that if you say that the factory is struggling and your bike is unlikely to come any time soon then that customer will go elsewhere. If he spins them out with promises then some will wait. He has had to go personally and collect the bikes and come back with them missing components at times.

I'm sure the bike is good and with some quality components would survive.

Missing Components = cash flow? How jtg survive (and other brands) is beyond me.

What I do not understand is Jotagas were supposed to be owned by a multi millionaire and free from financial worries. So what has changed? Has this owner got bored and pulled the plug on the money. I am one of those people that is or was, waiting for a new bike to arrive. I was really impressed with the bike and prepared for the 8 week wait but the recent events with the resignation of Steve as the importer has changed my mind completely. Even if a new importer is found quickly, my confidence in the factory has gone now. Things must be bad when a person like Steve decides enough is enough.

And there will be more JTG recruited importers who switch to TRS .

So people of the Trials World .....are you starting to work this out yet ?. It aint hard !!. Its just business

Importers obviously like money and no hassle. They believe TRS will provide this easier ....... so they're switching ship. Its as simple as that. They are not allowed both marques as they dont get on.

There were a few bike problems . Which bike hasnt ?. But theyre sorted .

This has got nothing to do with the JTG bike.

So you see now ................................Its just business and political.

Good luck to the importers ......after all , its just business.

Looking at the Factory the problem is that they remain a niche marque. They Sell all they can produce leaving them with no leeway if the "wrong" bikes are produced. You see it with all the factories. You order 5 300's 10 250's and a dozen 125's. The order comes off the back of the truck and they have 10 300's 5 250's and a 125. Had that "excuse" a few times when waiting for a bike and with much bigger factories. Yes it is frustrating and given that JGas are small it seems to be amplified by the less frequent deliveries. At least they are still there whereas Gas Gas and Ossa owners are still biting their nails.

Given the scale of the trials bike market I do wonder if having all these capacities is a good thing, can all these models be properly and fully developed then improved again for the following year?

• Like 1

Well Gas Gas dropped the 200. Beta are reported to be doing the same. The reason for the 250 is that it attracts a lower form of tax in Spain but a 300 can develop the power in a softer manner or be tuned for greater power. Beta and Sherco have dropped the 280/290's but Gas Gas still produce the 280. Never been sure why there is a bike between the 250/300 myself. As for the importers GG249 has hit the nail on the head. Perhaps it could also be said that in these cases both are "again" dealing with the person they were dealing with when they took on Jotagas which is their preference. It does not detract from the quality of the Bike and now that Jack Sheppard is the Works rider we'll see some interesting developments on the bike.