Jotagas - Still In Business?

teedubbs

Lets see where it leads. I can't see JGas being without an importer for long. The bike is that good. Leaves the Works riders in a pickle though. What happens to Ross, Becky, Danni Whitham etc. If you still want a 2015 250 then there is one for sale on ebay from a dealer in Cornwall.

Edited by telecat
  • Like 1

Steve's riders are contracted to him , not Jtg and Sxs will look after them. He's told me that.

It's a bad day for JTG. I just hope someone is out there whose capable enough and willing to do it ......

or I'll have to do it ....... and my wife is dead dead. dead against it ..... and she cooks my food and washes my clothes so I've got to listen to her , just a little bit :)

• Like 3

Reckon you'd be ideal James you're well connected in Spain and knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the brand Are the problems Steve Saunders encountered solveable I wonder ? The factory should make an official statement on this and hopefully announce a new importer sooner than later

• Like 2

Oh dear! I can't help but feel the whole industry is suffering knock on effects from the GasGas financial black hole and Jgas being such a small player just can't ride this storm. Now Saunders has dropped the brand it will be a very brave soul that would pick it up in the UK from this point. I now have to face the really disappointing fact that I and many others will never be able to purchase a new Jgas.

They're will be a statement from Steve soon but he wanted to let people know , the moment he made the decision that it's impossible for him . He's had the patience of a saint as the factory arent easy to deal with ... but he managed ... however just recently it's got worse .

Believe me , if it was straight forward I'd have done it .... but then Steve wouldn't have let it go.

Hopefully the factory will find someone over here.

Not good news

Edited by johnnyboxer

Guess steve had tried all he could, I do know he pretty much always collected the bikes from spain which with hindsight probably meant that the writing was on the wall? If he has tried and tried, and it certainly looks like that from the outside, even if its as good as telecat says then only a fool would try. James gas gas 249 loves the marque and has the spanish connection and wont do it so I guess its not going to happen any time soon.

As stated above if trs get making bikes then Steves the man?

Websites ready anyway.............

They're will be a statement from Steve soon but he wanted to let people know , the moment he made the decision that it's impossible for him . He's had the patience of a saint as the factory arent easy to deal with ... but he managed ... however just recently it's got worse .

Believe me , if it was straight forward I'd have done it .... but then Steve wouldn't have let it go.

Hopefully the factory will find someone over here.

But why would anyone take this on? Surely it could only be emotion over economics.

Guess steve had tried all he could, I do know he pretty much always collected the bikes from spain which with hindsight probably meant that the writing was on the wall? If he has tried and tried, and it certainly looks like that from the outside, even if its as good as telecat says then only a fool would try. James gas gas 249 loves the marque and has the spanish connection and wont do it so I guess its not going to happen any time soon.

As stated above if trs get making bikes then Steves the man?

Websites ready anyway.............

I can't see any better outcome for TRS than JGas.

The Jotagas UK Web site is back up with a statement from Steve now heading the Main Page. All links appear to be intact. As reported Steve will continue to supply spares and information as needed to maintain the JGas range as long as he has the stock. As for anybody wanting to import the JGas, TRS and Vertigo brands. Well they may well have to contend with a less than ideal situation. However they will make money if you can nurture the relationship with the factory. As long as they are there the bikes are supportable.