Transmission -blues

masso

• 3 weeks later...

Have the same problem with neutral and also notchy gear shifting to other gears.

Have old style master cylinder(which I like for better clutch action) and have tried different oils etc. and still hard to find neutral.

I usually blip throttle and as engine revs down it is easier to find neutral.

Trans seems to shift worse than when new but I havent looked for any problems.

On smooth ground it doesnt appear that the clutch is dragging at all so I think I have eliminated that as a possibility.

I can live with this problem since I love the rest of the bike but I would hope that all 4rts are not like this since the quality of the Honda motor I think is second to none.

The 4rt does seem difficult to get into neutral. I asked about this, and was told that it was designed that way so as not to miss any shifts. I've owned over 30 motorcycles in my life, and had very few problems finding neutral, or missing shifts. Having said that, it really doesn't bother me. I usually just put it into neutral when I shut off the engine, otherwise I hold in the clutch or spend a second with the engine running fishing around.

Wardo

I have this problem on June 05, my first use was end Dec 04, I did re-adjust the clutch lever push rod and change the clutch oil with recommended grade, it is better now.

......no, I mean when the engine is dead!...of course, if I get the 315 clutch unit, I may be able to start the thing in gear, when engine warm...

otherwise, its bloody hard to find neutral .....................mass

Have the same problem with neutral and also notchy gear shifting to other gears.

Have old style master cylinder(which I like for better clutch action) and have tried different oils etc. and still hard to find neutral.

I usually blip throttle and as engine revs down it is easier to find neutral.

Trans seems to shift worse than when new but I havent looked for any problems.

On smooth ground it doesnt appear that the clutch is dragging at all so I think I have eliminated that as a possibility.

I can live with this problem since I love the rest of the bike but I would hope that all 4rts are not like this since the quality of the Honda motor I think is second to none.

yes, I should try the blipping technique....I do find it goes into neutral easier when the engines running, but when engine dead ....bloody hell!

I have a street bike that shifts to neutral extremely easy.

but, my experience with trialers, is that the shifting is the weak est part of the bike......makes sense tho, its designed to ride sections

The 4rt does seem difficult to get into neutral. I asked about this, and was told that it was designed that way so as not to miss any shifts. I've owned over 30 motorcycles in my life, and had very few problems finding neutral, or missing shifts. Having said that, it really doesn't bother me. I usually just put it into neutral when I shut off the engine, otherwise I hold in the clutch or spend a second with the engine running fishing around.

Wardo

yes, wardo...you speak wisely!

put in neutral while engine is running first.

well, what they said makes sense, I just figure you pay this kinda money for a

latest technology machine, and the tranny seems like it comes from an old XR.!!!

I have this problem on June 05, my first use was end Dec 04, I did re-adjust the clutch lever push rod and change the clutch oil with recommended grade, it is better now.

......no, I mean when the engine is dead!...of course, if I get the 315 clutch unit, I may be able to start the thing in gear, when engine warm...

I catch your problem, I do not often change the clutch oil, that is the first time, I missed to tell that I hold the clutch lever to get neutral when engine stalled.

I catch your problem, I do not often change the clutch oil, that is the first time, I missed to tell that I hold the clutch lever to get neutral when engine stalled.

ahhh...yes, will try that next time I'm out ...I don't hold clutch in , when engine dead.....try it this weeekend ..also, getting 315 clutch unit installed this weekend .....massso