How Hard?

fastbelly

I'm not sure if a two day trip which consisted of a lot of beer and a visit to one section counts? 

I seem to remember it being an 8 day trip consisting of a lot of beer. 

Hi, thanks for all the replies. Im from Hertfordshire and generally we don't have many rocks in our trials, they are more about slippery cambers, tree roots and such like. This may well be my biggest problem. I am a tough old bugger and have done things like cycled Lands End to John O groats. 12hr solo enduros at expert level, I ride trials every weekend and all through the winter. I do ride 50/50 sometimes and can finish around halfway up the results in that class and have recently been getting 4th placed in clubman class. I am improving at trials having got back into it last october so I expect to keep improving. Prepping a good bike is no problem for me.

I assume there is only one route on the sections or are there two? 

I would not be bothered about the results I would just like to be able to finish it.

I actually did try and enter many years back but was turned down in the ballot. What time of year do the regs come out?  

Sorry for all the questions, but then this is SSDT forum! 

Glenn

Glenn

How much do you ride out of the SM centre? Unless you are riding 2 or 3 times a month in Yorkshire etc itll be beyond you.

moors on a trialsbike is quite a bit harder than enduro riding

Hmmmm, does seem to be a very tough year with the weather and all. Going to get my bike registered soon. Doing the Forest trial this month. Then going to some road trials in the yorkshire area, and try to get a feel for it all.

Many thanks for all your input and comments. Did lands end to John o on a push bike, and would really like to add riding trials around Ronnoch and Glencoe to my tick list. On the back burner, but I usually do what I put my mind to. I am under no illusion how hard it would be mind.

Go Sam Haslam!