4Rt Oil Leak

fatty

Hi all

Hope some one can shed some light on this one. Whilst out practising yesterday I some how managed to go over the handlebars and the bike ended up upside down half way up a hill. The bike cut out but by the time I got back up to it and got it back on its wheels lots of oil had run out from what seemed to be under the fuel tank.

Within a minute or so there seems to be lots of oil all down the frame, the fork legs and even the radiator was saturated.

The bike started fine so I rode back gentle and checked the levels and topped the engine oil and continued to ride. I did find what looked like a breather from the rocker cover with a small valve on the end of a pipe, would this let that much oil out?

Should I be looking for a problem or is this a normal thing to happen ?

Regards Fatty

Yeah that is normal when the bike has been upside down, looks far worse than it is. When the bike was new, the breather extends back into the airbox, but most people would bin that system and leave it tucked away behind the radiator

• Like 1

Jrsunt

Thank you for your reply, had a look today and found the end of the pipe as you say tucked up behind the radiator. Has some sort of valve in the end of it, guess it must be a one way valve.

All cleaned up now ready for next weeks trials. Just hope the knee is better by then.

Thanks Fatty

• Like 1