Apico Flexi Levers, Am I Missing Something?

rustyfuknut46

Ello everyone.  I recently had a crack on someones bike that had these Apico Flexi Levers...

http://www.motomerlin.org.uk/ekmps/shops/motomerlin1/images/apico-flexi-lever-ajp-trials-pair--3687-p.jpg

I've gone past the point of breaking levers all the time and haven't broken one in over a year however they felt nice and had good adjustment so thought I'd treat myself.  Upon fitting them though I've found that the brake lever will flex backwards however because the clutch adjuster screw on the clutch lever is in the top slot, it prevents the lever from flexing due to the adjuster screw.  I keep thinking I must be missing something as the whole point of them is to flex?  Has anyone else got these levers and found the same?

All the best,

Tom

I've had a set of ARC levers for about 10 years now which these look to be patterned off except for the 2 holes for the pushrod & have never had any problems, am I correct in saying that the span adjuster hits the pushrod when folding it forward?

I've had a set of ARC levers for about 10 years now which these look to be patterned off except for the 2 holes for the pushrod and have never had any problems, am I correct in saying that the span adjuster hits the pushrod when folding it forward?

I think it's a design fault as the pushrod on the brake side is in the bottom hole whereas the clutch side it is in the top hole.  I think the best course of action would be to get it adjusted where I like it and grind off the excess with a dremel.  This would solve the problem but I'd prefer to have it working properly obviously haha.

Hi,

I had that issue too, so if I remember correctly, I cut the screw that goes into the master cylinder.  I'll take a look tomorrow and confirm exactly, but I did think it was a poor design and should have been eliminated at the prototype stage.

Thanks

Alan