Ssdt Pre65 Eligibility Guidance

smelling123

If I could ask for a little guidence also. I am contemplating risking a stamp as well , but before could someone help with a couple of queries .

My Ariel has no rear stays, ie. the ones that drop down from below the seat and fix lower down I assume behind the clutch somewhere, is this frame allowed. I wish I could remember the builder. I also have a Yamaha forkbrace, I seem to remember they may be up for discussion. Lastly I cannot again recall who supplied the yokes and have been told just to mark them down on the sheet as replica of the time. They are not Spanish, and the last time it went North of the border 1999 it went through the scruitineering fine.

Thanks in advance

Hi Metisse,

Long time no speak.

You have to simply ignore what is written on here, there is only one way to handle your query and that is to take it up with the event organisers.

Things have moved on significantly from 1999.

I never assume that a machine that has past examination will pass now, its like having an MOT test!

It is the Pre'65 Scottish Trial regulations you have to comply with, they decide if your machine is eligible for their event.

It's a simple as that.

Contact them direct and off-line. That is my advice.

Best wishes,

Big John

Edited by big john
  • Like 1