Seen It, Liked It, Want It...when?

jamie

No never have had a problem with quality, never had a failure that could really be Shercos fault at all.Maybe I 've been lucky but doubt it. I think they are very well put together. My issue was getiing a first batch bike every year had the latest bits on it then ended up with an 041/2 instead of 05.

Nigel,

I don't think that will be a problem this year, in years past the factory built the first batch before they left for holiday. So they used up the left over parts and you ended up with an 04 1/2. With all of the changes they have made to the "06" and the fact that they are keeping the old bikes in the catalog I think that all of the "06's" will be OK.

Wayne

I think you are right, but would suggest caution regardless.

What I find unfathomable is why Sherco will have for sale a o5 290 and an 05 bitsa and an 06, and the over supply( in the uk which includes gas gas) has meant that I have to find alot more money to change bikes. I understand in general that dealers are givig 2200 max in part ex for good 05's.

I think it applies to all makes, this time of year getting rid of old stock leads to some low priced new bikes so low that the lad selling a good used 05 models has to take a big hit.

With fuel prices adding extra cost to everything we buy, but wage increases none existent we could see the lads who changed bikes once or twice per year making that machine last a couple of years, small upside to that is spare sales.

But some very good condition second hand bikes for little money about so got to be a buyers market.

Does the dealer trade price mean some are loosing 50% on a 8 or 9 month old bike :)

No never have had a problem with quality, never had a failure that could really be Shercos fault at all.Maybe I 've been lucky but doubt it. I think they are very well put together. My issue was getiing a first batch bike every year had the latest bits on it then ended up with an 041/2 instead of 05.

It seems the problem (if you can call it one) is if you buy a 2005 bike now, you get the 2006 frame, tank and rear guard with vents and 2005 graphics. A sort of 2005 and a half.