04 Scorpa Clutch

prw

A mate of mine has an 04 scorpa.At the weekend it devolped a clutch problem,the lever would not pull in more than half way,on inspection the arm that goes into the engine was catching on the casing,it looks as though it has dropped down about 5mm and the plunger out of the slave cylinder is not in line.Has anyone had this problem and if so what is required to fix it.Also does anyone know where we can get a parts diagram from. Thanks.

On my 2004 last year I lost the feel of the clutch over a couple of small afternoon rides.

It turn out the weld that holds the actuating arm on the shaft that goes into the engine had cracked. When the clutch was engaged it only gave partial travel, the arm flexed down,(scraping the case) which gave an abrupt engaged or disengaged action..

Is easily fixed ,but be careful to have it correctly positioned when you take it to be welded.

PRW,

It was removed with a bit of bother, best to ring Nigel Birkett for instructions if you have trouble.

Once removed, I had a piece of 2mm steel shaped to the size and angle of the original actuating arm,pulling up short of the end threaded section where the adjusting screw is positioned.

A hole was then drilled so that the new reinforcing sat piggy back on top of the original.

This was done so the new weld would attach to the original weld,(for added strength)then also weld together around the outer seam.

Be very careful you have the exact angle for clearance between casing and muffler before doing the final weld.

Should never let go again if done correctly.

• 4 weeks later...