2013 Factory Rear Shock Change

steve_earle

I have a new shock from a 2016 from my mate who has put his Reiger in his new bike.

The 2016 fits but is shorter 279mm vs 285, I think (i wrote it down but it's out in the workshop).

I have studied the part numbers from various years:

Dogbones, all the same 13,14,15. std & factory

Delta link, Same 13, 14, 15 but on the 13 factory only they list a different part number.

I'm guessing the 13 factory had a different delta link and longer shock so changing the Delta link should sort it.

I may be missing something here but before I shell out on a delta link, does anyone have experience about the 13 factory and changing shocks?

Or should I sell the new type 2016 shock and put it towards an aftermarket shock?

You are right, the factory model in 2013 was the only one that used the longer shock and in turn had a different Delta link, so for your 2016 shock all you need is the stock Delta link and it will work as I have done the same. Part number 7.33.030 will work plus you will need to get new roller cage (two) plus spacer with dust covers, as your 2013 ones will be well worn by now. Hope this helps.

Many Thanks Sparkybill, I had a feeling that was the case.

I was never keen on the rear end of my bike, I think Beta messed up on the factory (ish) model that year.

This new shock should sort it right out, I don't mind shelling out on the Delta link as I struck gold with the shock!!