Updated Rectifier?

pudrev3

Hey guys I've had a problem with my fan coming on . It's a 2014 beta Evo 4t , I took the waterpump off to find the impeller wasn't there , anyway I've ordered a new one and I've just heard that somebody updated the fan speed by installing a maplin rectifier with higher voltage that makes the fan run at a higher speed , does anybody know anything about this and if so what is the part I need to order ? Cheers folks

​4700 uF  35v  105c radial electrolytic capacitor   £1.15  Maplins

Not a rectifier... ,   uprated ?  original is 25v  but I have used this and noticed no difference at all in fan speed, I picked it as it was slightly  physically larger and has a high temp rating which affects working life (in my opinion more important than the voltage, try not to get one rated below 105c) , I tried a 25v smaller cheaper one and found it ran hot (the capacitor) so tried this one and it runs a lot cooler ,

also I moved it out of the sleeving and repositioned above carb top with connectors .

symptoms included : intermittent fuel shutting off and varying fan speed , finally, misfire and bogging under heavy throttle 

Symptoms of failure of capacitor

Performance will be the same

It doesn't replace reg/ rectifier , it is a component of the electrical system that you already have fitted , it can fail and if it does it can bè replaced with the maplins item

"If" it fails and you replace it with the higher rated one it "may" cause the fan to run faster , though I don't see how it could , it certainly doesn't on mine

The regulater rectifier unit would control max voltage and therefore fan speed

The capacitor is well in the harness and although not hard to replace it's not something I would suggest should be attempted unless you are confident in your own ability

If it is an attempt to get the fan running faster then don't waste your time

Fix the root cause first