Model 191

herman

Hello all-

Now that the 199 is up and running, I'm looking at a model 191.

The bike needs the usual once over and is missing a couple of components, namely the seat and exhaust.

I found an earlier model 85 exhaust that looks similar and can be had for a modest price. I'm not sure, however, that it will fit.

Can anyone tell me what exhaust system will fit this bike other than the stock unit?

Thanks for the help!

herman

Herman, The m191 exhaust I believe uses the slip in manifold with springs to secure the pipe, the m85 is a 250cc

& as stock utilizes a threaded collar, I am not sure of the dia. of the pipe but will measure a m92 stock pipe later and

get back to you.

Larry

On a 191, only a 325 exhaust will fit (from model 159 onward)

The early 325 motors, up to 151, were essentially overbored 250 motors and used the same diameter pipe and bolt on stub as the later 250 (from the model 158 onward) As Larry mentioned, 250 up to model 150 used the threaded collar.

The new design 325 motors from model 159 onward, used a larger diameter manifold and stub than the 250 and even as a complete unit they aren't interchangeable because the 325 stud spacing also is wider than the 250.

On the 325, you also need to look out for different diameter joints from middle silencer to backbox when using items from other models as they vary. Easily sorted though by welding on new pipe to make the required size coupler

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies. If I pick this one up, plans are to have it as a project for sure. Price is right - somewhere between 5 and 600 US depending on my negotiation skills that day.

I just hate to see it parted out when it could be saved.

Might grab it and wait for an exhaust to show up somewhere.

• Like 1