Would You Buy A Jota Gas

metisse

Great Bikes!! I have had 2014 and now a 2015 JTG 250 after Betas. Instead of grinding the stops on the triple clamps, I took 3.5mm off the stops on the frame with a dremel. Plenty of metal available and doesn't weaken the stops on the triple clamps. I have used 100:1 and 80:1 (and likely to stick with that) and repacked the exhaust in a fellow riders 2013 and my 2014. Bit of a job to do the first time, but should be easier now. I also fitted Boyesen Reeds to the 2014 - good outcome. I have used Putoline GP10 in the gearbox and changed regularly (no more than 10hours) but note that it has a low viscosity index so from my understanding changes to temperature quite rapidly compared with GRO or others with higher viscosity index here in Western Australia I can be riding in the summer at 30+°C).. Am currently trialing an ATF with similar 40° and 100°C viscosity ratings as Putoline GP10 but similar (or close) Viscosity Index as GRO (and somewhat cheaper ie 50% cheaper). I do not mind changing the gear oil on a regular basis as is so easy (ie less messy) compared with previous bikes. Love the suspension and particularly the ease to maintain all the linkages - No more dogbones!!

100/1oil mix may well give minimally better performance over 70/1,and that's probably the reason the factory states that ratio.I feel happier with a bit extra oil when I've got it on the stop in 3rd for several seconds burning up muddy hills we get round here.I don't think the gear oil lubricates the main bearings like the GasGas as the factory says gear oil changes every 100 hours which seems far too long to me.Comes out pretty black after 6 trials..I maybe over cautious buts it's my bike and my time and money that gets spent to fix it and oils cheap as opposed to engine rebuilds.

Gone a bit off the original topic now but the only trouble I've had with mine wasn't lubrication related