Exhaust ...

dman

Yea, my midmuffler broke. After trying not to lift my bike by the muffler and preserving it in crashes, it enivitably gave in and started crcking around the silencer mount. But I had it rewelded for $10. Also it has reinforced welds and a block thing on there now so hopefully it won't break. Is this common on 05 GGs? My dad just ordered a steel midmuffler, we'll see how that works out.

I had the same trouble with my o4. The top and bottom brackets broke and i have had them beefed up and re-welded. Not long after that a hole appeared at the rear of the muffler. The bracket where you screw on the exhaust had split the muffler casing. It is quite common with all of the aluminium ones. Steel ones are very good and reliable. Factory GG riders have steel mufflers fitted. It is worth getting the aluminium one repaired, then you have a spare!!

Very common with gassers, I've had brackets repaired several times on my lad's last two bikes. Part of the problem is that even a new middle box will not have the mountings very accurately fixed so by the time it is levered/bent into position the mountings are all under tension and if the bike is ridden hard these will crack in time. It's all part of the joy of owning a Gas Gas.

Yea the joy of owning a GG. lol

Awesome machine, light, powerful, great flickable bike. But gotta love the fit and finish! lol not! Wish they would make fit and finish/ergonomics better. Then the bike would be perfect.

Also I heard for 06 we have an all aluminum fork, not sure if its the sliders or what, but saw it in Trials Comp ad. Dad said its pretty sketchy to have aluminum there...

My seat/airbox stickers are starting to peel badly, if I keep my 05 for 06, I'm gonna customize it. Rip stickers off and try to black stuff out. It'll look cool, I'll see how creative I can get. Can I use spraypaint on the GG plastics if I put a cleaner on their first? What about certain partso of the frame...?

I got some new ideas while I'm stuck inside during winter. kewl

My seat/airbox stickers are starting to peel badly, if I keep my 05 for 06, I'm gonna customize it. Rip stickers off and try to black stuff out. It'll look cool, I'll see how creative I can get. Can I use spraypaint on the GG plastics if I put a cleaner on their first?

Why not contact graffics.co.uk? They'll make a set of stickers for your whole bike to any design.

DanG