Beta Help

markb21162

Ian at Trials & Tribulations has both parts in stock and usually can get parts to me in north Scotland in a couple of days!

http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_64&products_id=1623

http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_64&products_id=1622

I have been in a similar situation to you recently and started to get bogged down with trying to renew everything that wasn't quite right...almost everything!

I've now got the bike running really well but there's still plenty work to do if I want to get it to a restored / reliable condition.

What I've done so far:

Rear suspension bushes/bearings.

Steering head bearings.

Fork seals.

Front/rear brake pads.

Rear brake master cylinder & calliper seal kit.

Clutch basket bush/bearing/release bearing & washers.

Flush front brake & clutch fluid.

Water pump seal/shaft & bearings.

Piston rings/small end bearing etc etc.

What I'd like to do:

Replace clutch hub drive gear & primary drive (chipped tooth on hub drive).

Probably re-plate cylinder & new piston.

Replace con rod (worn small end) = also main bearings/seals and probably gearbox bearings while it's apart.

And so on!

The list is almost endless and impossible unless you have an unlimited budget, and is it really worth it?

My bike starts first kick, runs perfectly (lovely coloured spark plug) and doesn't really make unpleasant engine noises, it could be quieter and smoother but it gets me out there and I've been having a helluva lot of fun on it.

Get your bike to a usable state and then decide later whether or not it's going to be worth the extra spend or consider an upgrade.

I feel that the Techno is way more capable of anything that I could ever do so forking out on a newer bike would not help to improve my skill level any so I'll stick with it meantime and just maintain what I have within reason, they are built pretty solid & designed to take some punishment so do last! 

And there's some really good advice from other more experienced members on this forum.

Edited by mspenz