Tlr 250 Parts

superhondaman

As promised after spending a couple of hours cleaning my newly acquired fiche viewer..

Clutch spring part no for TLR250

22401 - 446 - 770

Anything else required let me know, I have fiche for 200 and 250

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, i have orderd a new oil drain cap which was from a XL185 and they looked the identical? hope so! Will get some springs orderd.

Any idea what the wear limit is on the springs?

I have just fitted an anti judder kit from G.Farley's so just waiting for the cap to try it out.

Oh, also! what do you use to hold the clutch when removing the oil rotor/clutch nuts.

I have just fitted an anti judder kit from G.Farley's so just waiting for the cap to try it out.

Oh, also! what do you use to hold the clutch when removing the oil rotor/clutch nuts.

Excuse my ignorance - what is the anti-judder kit when its at home, is that one of those narrow friction plates with a spring type plate taking up the extra width?

I cannot remember off hand how I held the clutch, I may have locked the two gears together with a soft alloy plate strategically placed between the clutch and primary drive gears or with a rod/bar through the small end across two wooden blocks on the face of the crankcase.

Both methods sound rough, as far as I can remember it was a fairly straightforward job to strip the clutch and oil filter off.

The second method is suggested in the Haynes XL/XR manual - which is the nearest thing to a manual for this motor.

Gordon

The anti judder kit is a narrower friction plate, judder spring and judder spring seat which replaces the original outer friction plate. This was a mod used to cure a problem in the CG 125 as endorsed by honda, & hopefully in the TLR's! I tend to use the clutch a lot and always found it very on/off and as i said 'juddery' when engaging/disengaging it. Tim at G.Farleys recomended it. He also said to try Castrol Superbike R4 oil, says the bike will run cooler & have no clutch slip problems. I am looking into maybe fitting a small oil cooler as well, have sourced a small one, 150mm x 50mm will keep you up dated on this and also how the clutch works. SHM

• 3 weeks later...

Tim should have put a instalation sheet in, baisicly remove the outer friction disc and in this order install the new friction disc and judder spring. Be sure to install the spring with the white mark faceing the outside, install the judder spring seat and reassemble the clutch.

I have only tried it once & noticed an improvement straight away, felt like a clutch and not a light switch! and no judder. Tim recommended Castrol superbike 4r to help it to run cooler, but have since discoverd a hairline crack in clutch cover so need to sort that out first before i give it a go in a trial.

The anti judder kit was installed and tried at our last trail.It makes second gear very usable from a standing start, ie rock step's ect, but I found the clutch very springy. On tight turns ect there is a "pregnant pause" whislt the clutch engages. Have now taken it out, I will put up with the judder in second.

Miked