Whys Trails Clothing So Expensive

marky g

you wouldnt mind paying good $ if the stuff was

a) well made

;) waterproof/breathable

c) offered padding/protection where you needed it

compared to equivalent mountain-bike or ski gear we are being ripped off

check out www.chainreactioncycles.com - I just got a waterproof breathable 'raceface' jacket - it good gear for trials

you wouldnt mind paying good $ if the stuff was

a) well made

B) waterproof/breathable

c) offered padding/protection where you needed it

compared to equivalent mountain-bike or ski gear we are being ripped off

check out www.chainreactioncycles.com - I just got a waterproof breathable  'raceface' jacket - it good gear for trials

Cheers fatbikedude, I never thought about MTB, I'll buy a mag ASAP and check there kit out, I'll leave all the latest fashion to BETA UK to buy ;) the guy must like being ripped ;):wacko::o

Edited by Marky G

hi Marky G....there are a couple of cheap alternatives in Hong Kong,,if you want something posting out,,,I might be able to help. Sixes are all pretty small though (made for Asians!!) so its no good if you're a big guy. No waterproof jackets though..too hot here for that...but there are some fairly decent cheap trousers around

It's like trials bikes...if they could knock out a million of them, they'd be cheaper. Anything purpose-made in small quantity is expensive.

It's not a matter of trials clothing being a ripoff. It's just expensive. Fortunately, there's an alternative to trials clothing.

There's no substitute for a trials bike!

Hi all

Yes the clothing is expensive, no i'm not a cheapskate, I can afford the trials clothing no sweat its just the principle.

I used to wear just denim jeans due to lycra being easy to melt (Few burnt knees in my time) and tear easily.

I then bought a pair of moto x pants which were trial styled ;) which are narrow at the bottom to tuck inside boots.

Got them off ebay for