Whys Trails Clothing So Expensive

marky g

Like the rest of you, i wouldn't mind paying the money if the gear was waterproof and breathable. Have none of the manufacturers heard of Gore-tex??? My Clice jacket, which i'm sure is similar to hebo etc gets soaked within minutes in the rain. Saying that, some of it's ok, i have an alpinestar pull-over jacket (

I'll fork out for Hebo trousers because I've not found anything else that's as comfortable to ride in, and the limited padding seems to be about right. I bought a Hebo trials jacket over a year ago and must have worn it about 4 times. In the wet it's not waterproof enough and it sweats too much at any other time. Whichever way you end up wet.

Most of the year I leave the Hebo jacket hanging up and use a fleece jacket. I've sprayed it with waterproofing stuff - Funnily enough the tin was supposed to do a full 3 man tent and it just about did my fleece - I should get the message eh?

No way I'm going to pay

Hey not all of these kids get bikes and clothing that easy. I saved up working every possible hour for about 2 years to pay for half of my bike (before riding a TY80m at nearly aged 14). I would just where a pair of overalls but my grampa said he'd pay for trousers and top. My boots i also svaed up for

Hey mr ben ;) , i do pay top dollar for trials clothing, i was taking the pi$$ out of you or can't you tell :wacko: , ha ha tight a*** that will teach you to rip me. :D  :D  :D  :D

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :o  B)

Hey Mr Beta UK, of course I knew you were taking the micky ;)

Dude, when you've got a wife and four kids to support I REALLY need to look after the pennys ;)

superflytx270:

Well said that man,I tend to spend my money on me bikes, not the clothes on my back :D

Bikespace:

Agree on the boots thing, when I was trailing years ago I had a pair of Alpinestar 'no stop' boots, they were great! lasted about 4 years before the leather started to rot.

I've now got a pair of Forma boots, not as good as me old No Stops but they'll do the job