Clutch Lever

rmack

:D need help have just sold my bike yesterday and the new owner has been on with me to say that he cannot pull the clutch lever in it seems to be solid the switch cluster is clear of the lever has any one heard of this problem

its a 280 pro (02) have had a quick look at it its in at the clutch basket couldnt get the :D kick start screw out so just let the casing move on the shaft the lever moves ok and the casing moves in and out as soon as u tighten the casing up it is solid again is it possable that the bolt for the clutch bashet has come slack and stopping it ??

check all bolts are tight around clutch basket. sounds like problem i had with pro 05. one of the bolts were slack and hitting casing. did you notice any score marks on inside of casing? did you notice any metal filings when you dropped oil?

I'm no "pro" on the Pro, but I think that if the clutch master cylinder piston is not retracting far enough for the hole in the casting to open up it could cause this problem. (Am I correct on this guys??) Have you tried adjusting the piston plunger on the clutch lever?