Beta Rev3 2002 Model

james111089

I THINK a new silencer is around the 100 quid mark

I would check the rear subframes..I had several crack on mine..and at the same time check/replace the exhaust mountings...(silent block as its called on the parts diagram.

Cant think what else, but I'm sure you'll get some better advice on here soon.

Sounds like a bargain! :D

Take off the rear mudguard, and the rear subfame is the two aluminium struts..(one each side) which connect to the main frame of the bike.

those struts are what the airbox/silencer/etc hold onto.

the one on the right..(silencer side) is the one that often cracked on my bike....mind you, it might be 'cause I crash alot!..if it IS cracked I would just buy a new one..(not too expensive) since it would probably cost about the same to get someone to weld it.

help please :D

also im having trouble geting the bottom shock mounting bolt out any tips on getting it out, its well in there!

im rebuilding and regreaseing everything on the back end.

i goning to give it a good carb clean and airbox clean and then see how it runs.

The guy said he hadnt used it for a while, otherwise what else could stop it sounding dead crisp.

it doesnt seem to lift the front end off the ground like my dads 315 is this because the betas are alot softer power, ive never rode a rev3 before?

and whats the best gearing? its got an 11 on the front at the moment

James