Gas Gas E12 Electrical Problem

dixon

Hi all

Had my sons Gas gas e12 from new, its about two years old now, replaced batteries and general parts,

but after last ride & charge i noticed the red indicators on the throttle were still lit,

i removed the switch / key switch from the circuit to check this wasnt faulty, indicators on throttle were still lit and the throttle still operated the motor wit the switch open, any ideas?i

ive checked all connections are dry and are not being shorted by water / moisture

could it be a faulty relay or a faulty motor control unit? and if so does anyone know best place for parts, as i ve already tried to look for a motor control unit online with no joy.

ultimatly i could just connect a switch on the bars directly inline with the terminals to the battery, but im unsure if this will cause further problems.

thank in advance

do sound like a faulty relay, but without a circuit diagram then its anyones guess.. if it has a relay then I would replace it any way or at least test it as it is easy enough.

Edited by gwhy