Oset 20R Motor

breagh

If i recall correctly, do it one side at a time.

Will look in to my old motor to help remember how i did it.

Cleanliness is a absolute must, especially in terms of metal debris in the work area with those magnets...clear a workbench an wrap it up with clean sheets beror you start the overhaul.

Pretty nasty fingersnappers also if youre not careful.

Does it have a lipseal in the housing where the driveshaft exits?

If not, do install one to protect from water intrusion.

Also glue the 4 screwholes in the back cover that holds the brush plate, think they are m4*8 mms philips and add just a little silicone to the joints between housing and end covers when reassembling.

Mount brushed side first, some homemade woodtools helped tapping the bits together.

Clean brushplat before reinstalling.

Make sure all 4 brushes make proper contact to the rotor or brush damage can be the result.

Hope i made sense, wroteup on cellphone..

Good luck!

When splitiing the motor the top side is very easy just a few screws and the cap can be removed and bearing is easily accessable/replaced.  The bottom side is a little more difficult as the 4 x brushes lock around the armature by springs (and you need 3 hands lol).  However, there is a nifty way to re-assemble quickly and easily.  Take the bearing and lock all 4x brushes around the bearing, then slot the armature into the bearing carefully and slowing work/push the bearing in position.  All 4 brushes will slide onto the armature and the bearing will sit in its correct position.  With a torch you can crack open the motor to double check their positions.  I hope this tip helps someone  :icon_salut: