Ebc Clutch Friction Plates 4Rt

hrmad

Hi all,

I've bought some apico dimpled steel plates and ebc friction plates to try to cure the cold take off the bike is prone to.

Problem is the ebc plates are very different to standard. They are thinner, not as wide either. With fitting the same number of plates as standard there is quite a gap between the first plate and the retaining plate if you get what I mean?

My boyfriends dad seems to think we can put an extra steel plate and friction plate in to make up the gap, but i'm not too keen on the idea.

Anyone fitted these plates to their bike or have any advice?

Thanks

If there is a gap between the plates and the [retaining plate?]pressure plate then you should have no drive when in gear and clutch lever not pulled in.

If you have drive and the clutch does not slip in the higher gears 3rd up then you do not have a problem.

I'll have to try it and see. This new clutch pack looks noticeably less thick than the standard and there is about a 10mm gap between the pressure plate and the new pack.